March 16, 2011 (first photo): An emaciated Pitbull-mix is discovered in a garbage bag by maintenance workers at the bottom of a 19-story tall garbage chute. The dog is immobile, but ALIVE. This is how he looked on arrival that Newark’s animal shelter that night.
The 22 story apartment building is equipped with garbage chutes on each floor for tenants. Someone had no more use for this dog. They had starved it to near death, put it in a garbage bag and threw it down the garbage chute. A maintenance worker cleans out the bin every few days and on Wednesday, March 16th, they were cleaning out the contents of the container to go directly into a trash compacter. The bag moved a little and the worker opened it to find a moribund dog inside — pathetically thin, cold and near death.
The City of Newark Animal Control was contacted and ACO Arthur Skinner picked up the dog and brought him directly to the Society. The veterinary staff immediately put him on intravenous fluid. His temperature was so low that it did not even register on the thermomenter. He was covered with heating pads and blankets.
After a brief time at the Society’s Newark facility, he was ambulanced to Garden State Veterinary Specialists in Tinton Falls — a referral hospital with 24 hour emergency care. If he died during that night, we feel he would know that everyone loved and cared about him and treated him gently and lovingly. He amazed everyone at the Society and at Garden State by surviving with the 24 hour emergency care that they rendered. He was given a blood transfusion, a bath — and even a walk! In honor of the first day of his re-birth, we call him Patrick — in honor of St. Patrick’s Day and we hope he has the luck of the Irish!
March 17, 2011 (second photo): Once stabilized, he’s moved to GSVS Pet Hospital for continuous intensive care. It is now St. Patrick’s Day, and the GSVS staff decide to call him Patrick.
March 22, 2011 (third photo): Bright lights still hurt his eyes.
Late April 2011, Easter (fourth photo): Six weeks into recovery.
Late October 2011 (fifth photo): 8 months into recovery.
December 25, 2011, Christmas (sixth photo): 9 months into recovery.
The last photo is one of his most recent photos. He’s fully recovered and living with an amazing family. You can visit and “like” his Facebook page by clicking here and to help give free food and care with a single click, please visit The Animal Rescue Site. Help fight animal abuse in your neighborhood.
crying so hard right now, the last picture :’)
kissrazors The owner is so going to get karma.. What a beautiful puppy [‘:
he’s so cute, its unbelievable how malnourished he was!
This is where I want to hear about if they found the person that did that to that poor dog. Send me to jail, I don’t care, I would murder this fucking asshole. Despite being an entirely different species, dogs (like all animals), deserve some fucking respect. Srsly, I want to do the exact same thing this bastard did to this dog to them, but then put them in the compactor. Fucking son of a bitch. I hope they rot in hell.
Everyone reblog this now.
It’s amazing what love, and the will to fight will do to someone or something.
- kaleidoscopesoul likes this
- magiconnections likes this
- storyoflucifer reblogged this from zubat
- fablesarereal reblogged this from queer-punk
- fablesarereal likes this
- moonxtal reblogged this from deadbilly and added:
- tommyconlonsmouthguard likes this
- dvlsflwr666 likes this
- wishingtotheend reblogged this from deadbilly
- cleptovirgo likes this
- vyper269 likes this
- ashleyruxandrawalder97 likes this
- vshcvstellvno reblogged this from for-allblue
- creativinsanity reblogged this from mandeemoo
- xobrownbomber likes this
- anawkwardbutterfly reblogged this from itsxreece
- for-allblue reblogged this from b-e-a-utifuldayintheneighborhood
- fkcnvia likes this
- greyatfirstsight reblogged this from itsxreece
- itsxreece reblogged this from b-e-a-utifuldayintheneighborhood
- minniesalinas likes this
- millwallmark reblogged this from allamericankindofguy
- allamericankindofguy reblogged this from militarymom
- allamericankindofguy likes this
- dennyjo88 reblogged this from militarymom
- mandeemoo reblogged this from deadbilly
- myowneviltwin likes this
- batgirl1010 reblogged this from militarymom
- batgirl1010 likes this
- ladycontrarian likes this
- deadbilly reblogged this from militarymom
- militarymom reblogged this from militarymom4ever
- lightphantom6991 likes this
- wildstrawberriesinmay likes this
- chexterbe reblogged this from benedict-is-my-mum
- benedict-is-my-mum reblogged this from queer-punk
- boogieloc88 likes this
- alice-grace-baker likes this
- wodahsekil likes this
- journalofpaigethevettechstudent reblogged this from loveofvetnursing
- craftynomi reblogged this from loveofvetnursing
- theidiotspeaks likes this
- loveofvetnursing reblogged this from dreamsofvetschool
- peacockmoon reblogged this from queer-punk
- peacockmoon likes this
- inconsolableepilogue likes this
- bullzeye69 reblogged this from morbidandmacabre and added: